Peterson-Jones Ranch

.

1476. Peterson-Jones Ranch. 2003. Gus Peterson, a Swedish immigrant, arrived on the property in 1899 and was issued the homestead in 1906. The property at that time was 160 acres and consisted of a house, barn, well house, cellar and out buildings. It was used for agriculture. In the 1930s Forest Jones acquired the property and owned it until the early 1980s. Gus Peterson died in 1946 after spending several years in the hospital in Fairplay. The ranch is located at the end of Burland Drive near Bailey and is private property. The house is shown. Source: Jane Gilsinger