EM/Santa Maria Ranch

.

2362 - EM/Santa Maria Ranch. Circa 1900-1910. Taken from hill west of main house. Ranch was started by Hardy Epperson in 1877 and was located 3 miles northwest of Hartsel. Hardy’s brother Hiram got the ranch in 1876 and sold it in 1882. It became part of the Chalmers and Galloway Livestock Company’s holdings in 1900. It had sheep, cattle and hay. They sold it in 1945. Source: Wadley Family Collection